Monday 14 October 2013

Cruising the Greek Islands

Up early today to board our cruise ship for the next three days.  This is the highlight of the trip, i know I keep saying that about everything, but what fun is this?


The ship.


Our lifeboat, lucky 7.


Not quite the Titanic pose, but as close as I'm going to get to the front of the ship.

This is so much fun. I have always wanted to do this  ever since watching the Love Boat, which is a bit weird considering my sailing on boat phobia.  They have "love boat " music playing as I write.  Lucky for me, the sea is flat and I have had no problems requiring a bucket.  When you are not eating,( there is so much food), you can be at the pool, watching a greek food cooking class, or having a salsa dance lesson.  As I write this, I am sipping on an Aegean fruit smash, a mocktail containing banana, pineapple and juice, ice and milk.  My other favourite is a Pina Colada.


Our first Greek island visit was Mykonos, the island of white houses and blue shutters, and it did not disappoint. 


And it just got better.


Some of the local canine community.


And these breathtaking views.


More stunning views.. We only had daylight for about one hour, so had to walk fast to make the windmills in time.  These are the ones you see on postcards.


And then at night.....this.  Just beautiful.  How lucky are we to see this.


Back to the ship for more eating.



No comments:

Post a Comment